There’s only one thing that can make a fresh mango even better than when it’s first picked off the tree, and that’s transforming it into a mangonada. A mangonada is a delicious, sweet and spicy smoothie that will cool you down and put a little wicked smile on your face! BarbacoApparel Test Kitchen went out on the hunt for a fast and easy way to get you what you crave!
6 fresh mangoes
(In addition to the fresh mangoes, a bag of frozen mangoes if you would like a thicker consistency)
12 key limes
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups ice
- Peel and dice your mangoes. (Set aside one mango’s meat for garnish.)
- Squeeze your limes and remove any seeds.
- Combine lime juice, mangoes, ice, and sugar in the blender and mix. If you find that you would like a thicker consistency, add some of the frozen mangoes and blend.
- Line the inside of your glass with Chamoy—as much or as little as you prefer.
- Fill your glass with the smoothie-like mixture and top off with some of the reserve mango meat and Tajín.
- Enjoy in front of the pool, on the porch, or while in traffic on 410!